Our guide to the secrets every interior designer knows about styling the home with colour.
Behind every beautifully realised décor is a moment of inspiration. And behind that is an insight into how interior design works.
Creating the perfect home interior takes real knowhow: knowing how to use shade and tone; knowing about balancing light and dark; and knowing when to keep rules and when to break them.
But you don’t have to be an expert.
Browse our Bright Ideas guide and brush up on how to use colour in the home. Otherwise, your next décor will only be as stylish as your best guess.
You’ll find out …
– Why the 60/30/10 rule is central to a well-balanced scheme.
– What makes a mood board so important.
– How colour can ‘change’ the size of a room.
– What the easiest way to pull a scheme together is.
– How to find out if strong, clashing colours are for you – without over committing.
– Why sometimes less colour is more.
– How working with the same colour in different finishes creates interest.
– And lots, lots more.
You’ll also be able to read about five classic colour schemes: black and white; orange and blue; green and yellow; blue and white; and earth tones. And you’ll get a chance to read what top bloggers have to say about colour and what their own bright ideas are for the home.
So take a look at our Bright Ideas guide and find out how it could help you to come up with the perfect colour scheme.